If you were to die today, do you know where you would spend eternity? There is a way you can know. Jesus Christ, God's only son, who came to this earth to die so that you and I might have eternal life is the way. The Bible says "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved."
1. God loves you.
- God loves all people and desires them to have eternal life.
The Bible says in John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
2. You are a sinner in need of forgiveness.
-The Bible says in Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
This is our human nature. God, through His Holy Spirit, will let you know that you are separated from a relationship with Him because of sin and you will face His judgment.
Romans 6:23 says:
"For the wages of sin is death;..."
The Bible says if we die in our sins we will spend eternity separated from God in a place called Hell.
3. God wants to forgive you.
- God has provided a way for you to spend eternity in Heaven with Him. He has demonstrated His love for you by sending His Son, Jesus Christ. By dying on the cross and rising from the dead, Jesus has done something for you that you could not do for yourself. He paid the penalty for your sins and took your judgment and made it possible for you to be forgiven.
(Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 3:18)
4. You must turn away from your sin.
- You can not save yourself or earn God's forgiveness as a result of being good enough. Just as you change directions when you realize you are walking the wrong way, you must repent, or turn away, from your sin. You need to make Jesus your Lord and follow Him.
(Luke 13:5; Ephesians 2:8-9)
5. You must place your faith in God's Son, Jesus Christ.
- When you realize you are walking in the wrong direction, you turn to find the right way. Jesus is the right way. As you turn away from your sins, place your faith in Jesus to receive forgiveness and eternal life.
(Acts 20:21; John 14:6)
6. You receive Jesus Christ through prayer.
- Because Jesus is alive, He stands ready to come into your life.
Prayer is simply talking to God. You can be assured when you call on Him to save you, he will hear you.
Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Through prayer, you can:
A- Admit to God that you are a sinner and that you are turning from your sin;
B- Believe that Jesus is God's son and God has raised him from the dead.
C- Commit your life to Jesus by asking Him to come into your life as your Savior and Lord.
Accepting Christ is the beginning.
Next you should follow Christ in Baptism and unite with a Bible teaching church.